A letter from Anthony Shimray
Three years since his arrest at Kathmandu, Anthony Shimray, still waits for justice to be delivered. Writing from his cell at Tihar Jail, Anthony Shimray thank everyone for the love and prayer support and request the people of Nagalim and the well wishers to continue the support and fight the good fight.
A letter received from Anthony Shimray reads as follows:
In backdrop of the long-drawn case my personal decision is being made known for your valuable prayer and moral support.
Be informed that I am observing the completion of three years illegal detention in Tihar jail. This anniversary will be observed with ‘hunger strike ‘ for three days starting from 27-sept. to 29 sept.2013.
This infamous day of my arrest/kidnapping at Kathmandu airport on 27-sept-2010 will go down in the chronicle of Indo-Naga peace talks as a ‘Black day’ no matter of what no country nowhere in the world kidnap or imprison a delegate who comes to attend peace talks. In fact it has caused a colossal damage in the image of GOI and peace process . Peace is a must but peace is not made in this way through coercive policy arrest and suppression win/win solution and long lasting peace cannot be expected rather because of this unprecedented episode it has tainted Indian democracy with dark spot .
For better understanding it is pertinent to mention some of the facts:
- Both Mr. Joel – president and Nunisa DHD –BLACK WIDOW were released to initiate peace talks.
- All ULFA senior leaders including A.Rajkanwa chairman released on bail to re-start peace talks .
- Ranja-Nabla Daimary- chairman NDFB released on bail for facilitating him to sit for the proposed Peace talks . He was charged with serial bomb blast case where 94 killed and 400 seriously injured.
- Mr. Liyaquat Shah a hardcore LET militant was granted bail after languishing more than two months in Tihar jail. He came to India under ‘rehabilatory policy of JK state’. NIA judge I.S Mehta –the same judge of Anthony Shimray (self) released Liyaquat on bail.
- On july 23rd, 93 political prisoners were released unconditionally by the Millitary Junta of Burma. It is done so with the policy to correct the past mistakes and to pave way for a fresh political negotiation.
The wind of change is blowing everywhere even in Myanmar-the land known to be modern Killing field . whereas big democratic country-India fails to uphold democracy values and human rights.
It is therefore, my cry ‘ Released all political prisoners’ without condition for the sake of strengthening the fragile peace process.
Secondly ‘No more killing and random arrest’.
Arrest, imprisonment and killing do not cohere with Peaceful Political negotiation. It is a mockery of peace talks ; it is a betrayal to our own self . Is Naga issue less than others?
The time has come for the GOI to demonstrate its serious commitment towards the Indo-Naga peace talks . How can we trust if there is no evidence to trust. It will not be wrong to conclude that the Naga or Nagas issue is an expandable issues before the eyes of GOI.
As for Nagas being ingenious is good and golly. However ,it is prudent to take Pre-emptive measures so that we will not be swallowed by political tsunami of anti-peace forces.
As for me without your support I will be like a man crying in the wilderness . It would have been impossible for Lazarus to roll away the stone of the tomb had there been no support or help of other believers. In the same way without your timely helping hands my voice will go unheard. I can do nothing absolutely nothing without peoples movement even my existence will be meaningless.
I’m so grateful for your unfailing love and unceasing support for me with humble heart I would like to request you all again to join with me in the struggle for peace , freedom and for the future.
God bless you all ! KUKNALIM !!!
In his service Dated 16 sept. 2013
(Anthony Ningkhan Shimray, Tihar Central jail #4. New delhi)
Let us join him and show our support and prayers while he observe hunger strike from 27-29 Sept 2013